The Instrument Design & Fabrication Shop builds custom research instruments, laboratory devices, teaching aids, and replacement parts. We can fabricate and redesign obsolete equipment and make modifications to existing equipment. Our shop can turn a concept into a design and manufacture the parts to complete the project. We turn ideas into working, usable machines or instruments.
Our services include:
- Create designs in SolidWorks CAD
- Whole project development
- R&D for custom projects
- CNC Machining: Three, Four and Five Axis capability
- Manual Machining: cutting, milling, turning and threading
Welding and Brazing
- TIG Welding
- MIG Welding
- Spot Welding
- Brazing: copper, brass, stainless steel etc.
- Oxygen: Acetylene
- Precision sheet metal fabrication
- CNC waterjet
Lab Instrumentation Repair
- Repair of incubators, centrifuges, water baths, microtomes, etc.
Vacuum Pump Repair
- Rotary vane vacuum pump service and repair
- Helium mass spectrometer leak detection
We provide a broad range of services within our Instrument Design and Fabrication Shop. After estimating and designing a project, our team works hand-in-hand with our customers to complete the project.